Windows users feel blessed to use such an outstanding operating system but there are times when they also come across certain errors. Apart from various common errors, Windows Update Error Code 80072ee2 occurs often. This is caused when the files on the system are corrupt or the updates are stuck. To fix this, you will need the proper internet connection and you can do it yourself but in case you don’t want to get stuck in the process of troubleshooting then get in touch with Online PC Support where the technical professionals will guide with the right steps.
Solution to Troubleshoot Windows Update Error 80072EE2
Solution 1: Edit the Registry Entries
To rectify this error user can change the registry and delete some keys. Following steps can be performed –
- Hold Windows key and press R
- In the run dialogue box, type services. MSC and click OK.
- In the service, console find the service Windows update, right click on it and select stop
Solution 2: Check the internet connection and Windows update website
From any browser of your choice, check by opening the windows update website. You will see if the access is available or not.
Solution 3: Check proxy and firewall settings
If you are using a proxy server, check that it does not require a username and password to connect in the browser. If there is such provision then disable it for the time being of windows update.
Solution 4: Run Windows Update troubleshooter
It will check all the settings and registries of the computer. But before running the troubleshooter, you must check that you have an admin account.
- Press Windows + S and type troubleshoot in the dialogue box and click on the very first result
- Select Windows update and click on run the troubleshooter
- The process will start and the discrepancies will be found. Click the option try troubleshooting as an administrator
- Once the fixtures are implemented, restart your computer and check if the error persists or not.
If there are still some problems with the update and you don’t know what to do when you are advised to reach out to Acer, Lenovo, Asus, HP and Dell Laptop Customer Service that stays accessible round the clock.