Almost everyone knows that Avast is anti-virus software. As the name suggests it is ‘Anti’ or against Virus and it safeguards your device from malicious threats. The main agenda of this software is to look for possible threats from different kinds of virus, malware, Trojan ware etc. and thus protecting the computing device from their attacks. You can opt for a 30-day free trial subscription of the Avast Anti-virus software and get it installed in your laptop or computer.
Many users have complained that they face some errors and troubles with this software. The UI fails to work and the Avast anti-virus software doesn’t load in Windows 10, 8, 7. If you are thinking that closing this software while it is running in the background and restarting the device will help to overcome this situation, then sadly you are mistaken. To conquer this battle, specific solutions need to be applied. This blog will help you provide with that. It is advised that you first have a look at the solution provided in the blog, and if you have any issues while working on it, then just get I touch with the Avast customer care team and resolve your queries.
There are two methods or alternatives by which you can try to rectify the error. You can choose to opt for whichever works best for you.
Method 1- Reinstalling the Avast Anti-Virus Software
This method should be opted for if none of the solutions work. The process of reinstalling the application is very easy:
- Click on the start icon of the computer and open the control panel.
- By navigating to the Control panel> View by Category> Programs>Uninstall a program.
- Locate the Avast app in the Programs and Features windows and uninstall it.
- Once done, shut down your computer and restart it again.
- You can reinstall the Avast software by going to the official website. Ensure that you install the newest version of this software.
Method 2- Setting Remote Desktop Services Startup as Automatic:
- Hold the windows and R key together so that you can activate the Run box, and then type services.msc in it.
- Now click okay and then navigate to the Services Window
- Look for Remote Desktop Services and the or properties(with the help of right click)
- Then Click on Automatic, hit Okay and apply it on your Device.
These two methods will surely prove effective and will help you resolve the error. If it doesn’t, then just get in touch with the Avast support number and talk to the techies over there. They will guide you in a professional way.