Symptoms of Error 0xE001C046
- “Error 0xE001C046” appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 0xE001C046 when running the same program.
- “Avg Error 0Xe001C046” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These 0xE001C046 error messages can appear during program installation, while a AVG Technologies-related software program (eg. AVG Antivirus) is running, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 0xE001C046 error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of Error 0xE001C046
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of AVG Antivirus software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent AVG Antivirus-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or AVG Antivirus-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted AVG Antivirus-related files.
Runtime Errors such as “Error 0xE001C046” can be caused by a variety of factors, so it is important that you troubleshoot each of the possible causes to prevent it from recurring.
How To Fix AVG Antivirus Error 0xE001C046
Below is a list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your Error 0xE001C046 problems. These troubleshooting steps get progressively more difficult and time consuming, so we strongly recommend attempting them in ascending order to avoid unnecessary time and effort.
Operating System Information
0xE001C046 error messages can occur in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000