You can download Lightroom CC from the Creative Cloud apps catalog. You’ll need to sign in with your Adobe ID and password to complete the download. For more information, including how to check for updates, see Download your creative cloud apps.
When you download your first app, the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app (which you’ll use to manage future downloads) will be installed at the same time.
Download your first purchased app
- Sign in to your Adobe account with your Adobe ID and password.
- In the Creative Cloud apps Catalog, click the ‘Download’ button on the app you want to download. Your app will begin to download.
- On your desktop, double-click the downloaded file to launch the installer.On a Mac:
The name of the downloaded file is _Installer.dmg. On a Windows PC:
The name of the downloaded file is _Set-Up.exe.
- Once the installer window opens, sign in to your Adobe account with your Adobe ID and password if you’re not already signed in.
- Fill out the short questionnaire that opens on your screen and click Continue.
- Click Start Installing to install your app.Once installed, your app will launch automatically.
NOTE:To download mobile apps, visit the Mobile apps catalog.
Download a trial version
- In the Creative Cloud apps Catalog, click the ‘Download trial’ button on the app you want to download.
- Fill out the short questionnaire that opens on your screen, then click Sign in.If you don’t have an Adobe ID, click Sign up for an Adobe ID and follow the instructions to create one.
- Once you’re signed in, your trial app will begin to download.
- Once your trial app has downloaded, it will install and launch automatically. Your free trial will begin at this time.If you have trouble with your download, see Creative Cloud download and installation troubleshooting.
NOTE:To convert your trial to a full membership at any time, see Convert a trial to a paid Creative Cloud membership.
Download more apps with Creative Cloud desktop app
- To open the Creative Cloud desktop app, click the Creative Cloud icon, located in the taskbar (Windows) or Apple menu bar (Mac OS).
- If it’s not already selected, click the Apps tab at the top of the window.You will see your installed app, as well as a list of other apps you can browse and install.
- In the All Apps section, scroll to find the app you want to install.
- Click Install, and your app will begin to download.